Syracuse

Girl suffers burns in Syracuse fireplace

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Syracuse woman suffered burns to her arm and hand in an early morning fire in Syracuse Wednesday.

The Syracuse Fire Department was dispatched to an apartment located at 2005 East Fayette Street at 3:08 a.m. Wednesday for a kitchen fire. Fire officials report the fire was extinguished in about five minutes and damage was confined to the first-floor apartment.

It took about an hour to clear the building of smoke. The woman with burns was the only injury. Fire officials say the cause of the fire was ‘unattended cooking”.

More from NewsChannel 9:

AMBER ALERT: New York State Police searching for missing 2-month-old
2021 Boston Marathon postponed ‘at least’ until the fall
Morrisville pharmacist pleads guilty to health care fraud
Cortland County uses rapid testing to get a handle on COVID-19 microcluster
UAlbany ramps up COVID-19 testing to prevent community spread

For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close
Close